Friday, October 14, 2011

Would you like to go on a magic carpet ride?

Hello,

I would like to take you on a magic carpet ride.

I have spent quite a bit of time recently visiting and revisiting TED talks I thought were especially wonderful.

For those of you unaware of what TED is, it is an organization that was started in 1984 as just a series of conferences. Now, TED (Technology Entertainment and Design) has become a massive online database of speakers from all across the world whose ideas fall into the category of "Ideas Worth Spreading."

Frankly, I think TED Talks, or something as intellectually stimulating as them, should be in everyone's daily agenda. Just like an apple keeps the doctor away, I think TED Talks keep the dumb away. Just like you can grab an apple on your way out, you can watch an under-20-minute talk during breakfast, lunch, or an afternoon lull.

Moving forward, I would like to do something interesting here. I am going to present a story to you and I want you to play along. The story goes as follows:

I arrive to you upon my magic carpet and offer you my hand for you to get on. Do you trust me?


2 comments: