Saturday, January 7, 2012

Keeping Motivation

One of the trickiest things I've discovered about life is keeping motivation.

There are these bursts of clarity, where things just make sense, where things just come together, and appear to fall into place -- Aha! moments; they are absolutely beautiful. They are awakenings of the mind and soul.

Yet, somehow, they dissipate. They leave, they die. Before I can properly realize it, that beautiful clarity has slipped through my fingers. And, once again, I find myself walking through life like a confused drone. Why am I here? What is my purpose? What does this all mean?  


This is a very frustrating thing. Especially for an excessively attentive and wondering character like myself. To have moments where I hear the beat of life's drum and can find a rhythm to join it in juxtaposed against these awful moments where I have two left feet leaves me feeling defeated. What is it that levitates me to that heightened state of awareness and what is it that brings me down? I'm still searching for that answer... if you have it, please do let me know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment